Pages

Saturday 26 July 2014

One year (and a bit)

I missed it at the time but a couple weeks ago was the one year anniversary of this blog. Looking back I can honestly say I didn't really expect to still be writing this thing a year later. Also looking back, I can't help but notice that I started off my inaugral post with the word "ahoy." What the hell was I thinking??

(Probably the same thing I was thinking when I came up with the name Fjärilar och Zebror...)

Since starting this blog I've learned a lot about myself, and a lot about gender in general. I've gone from identifying as an ambiguously gendered boy, to an ambiguously gendered non-binary person, to an ambiguously gendered girl. (Though in retrospect those first two identities were more hopeful than honest.) I've also accomplished some pretty scary things, like coming out to my brother and sister-in-law, leaving the house for the first time, and coming out to my parents.

Many of the posts I've written have helped me deal with depression, or to face some of the confusion and doubts I've had about who I am. In some ways writing a blog is like therapy. Only cheaper. :)

And I want to thank everyone who takes the time to read this thing. (And to be honest, I'm still a little amazed that anyone does.) When I started it I expected to chronicle how I was feeling about the various trans milestones I would pass, hoping that putting my thoughts down would help me process them. And that has indeed happened. But what I did not expect is that I would find an actual blogging community, nor how much I would come to appreciate it.

Thanks! ♥

4 comments:

  1. Ahoy, butterflies, zebras, , the beginning of a process that required you to allow your heart to soar. What you learn depends much on how free you feel here to let that inner person take control. At least that is how it has worked for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I guess I should just be myself and not worry about it too much. :)

      Delete
  2. Happy blogiversary!

    I'm very glad you started writing this blog because you give me insights on what Jeremy might be going through. I didn't expect to find a blogging community either, which has been great.

    I'm looking forward to reading more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete